SwingOrama Forum Index SwingOrama
San Diego's Swing Dance Headquarters

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Lindy by the Bay
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwingOrama Forum Index -> San Diego Recurring Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff
Jitterbug

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:38 am GMT    Post subject: Lindy by the Bay
Sat May 22 2010 CDT

"LINDY BY THE BAY" is a free Lindy Hop dance venue on the boardwalk behind the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa on Mission Bay Drive. The address is: 1775 East Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109
Hilton Telephone: 619-276-4010
Jeff's cell phone is: 619.339.7117

From I-5, exit Clairemont Dr. and head west. Go 50 feet and turn left onto E. Mission Bay Drive (the stop sign). The resort is located 3/4 mile on right. Donations to help cover costs are appreciated. Water is provided. Music is DJ'd. The sound system is great. Our first "LbtB" was March 24, 2001. You can check out how it got started if you like: Original "Dancing Outdoors" Thread

The Hilton's "BAYSIDE TERRACE" restaurant and full "island" bar is right off the boardwalk where we dance. The dance surface is "floated" concrete. We put a light coat of sand down on top of it so turns are easy. It feels great. Even people that don't usually like dancing on concrete love this surface. Tennis shoes or running shoes are ideal!

Here's a few slideshows to give you and idea what LbtB is like:

1st "Late Night" LbtB of the Summer, June 21, 2005

Lindy by the Bay on July 2nd, 2005

Directions: From I-5, take the "Clairemont Drive" exit. Go one block west to "Mission Bay Drive" (4 way stop sign). Make a left (south) and the "Hilton San Diego Resort" is on your right about 1/2 mile down. There's lots of parking on the street in front of the Hotel, or in the public parking lots on each side of the hotel. You can park in the hotel parking lot if there's room and security's not out front screening people, which they do when they have big events going on at the hotel.

Still have questions? Call my cell at 619.339.7117, or email me at jjeffry@pacbell.net.

See ya there!

Jeff
619.339.7117 cell

Last edited by Jeff on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:46 pm GMT; edited 12 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jeff
Jitterbug

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:52 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next "Lindy by the Bay" is this Saturday, July 16th, from 7-10pm. However, we seem to always go way over, don't we? Two weeks ago we went til midnight.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jade!
Rhythm Circle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:36 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

LBTB is so much fun! I wouldn't even consider missing it. The dancers, the music, the vibe: all awesome.

Perhaps it is because I am not used to the lovely climate yet, but man, dancing outside is the BEST. The fireworks make a nice festive atmosphere, too.
bad kitty
Geek Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:02 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, will there be a LBtB on July 30? Its not on the calendar....

PLEEEEASE???

Jeff
Jitterbug

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:02 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Sherri, it IS on the old Swingorama "Calendar", but I was thinking of canceling it because of Camp Hollywood. I was thinking of going, but even if I don't, won't there be so many people out of town up there?

Wow, I just realized there won't be even ONE Lindy by the Bay in August!!! That's the best month of the summer!!! I'm not doing it on the 6th for Jake's benefit dance, the 13th is Hep Spot, the 20th is the Steven and Virginie Workshop and another dance is planned that night, and the 27th is Jim and Margie's thing. Well there ya go. Poof. And if we don't do one on July 30th it'll be 5 weeks with no LBtB. Hmmm....
bad kitty
Geek Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:42 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

No LBtB is bad. We love LBtB. We need LBtB. And I'm sure Lee will volunteer to DJ!

How many people are going to CH anyway? Maybe I'm out of it but I haven't heard of too many who plan to go...

ye_dancer
Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:00 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeff you should take that panoramic shot I did and make it part of your signature. Or maybe a version of that banner Lynda did for you.
Jeff
Jitterbug

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:28 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a really small version of it? That would be cool.
reya98
Quick Stop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:47 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at CH. And I'll be at a family reunion this weekend...and my high school reunion next weekend...and rats. Looks like I'll be LBTB-less until the end of August! (Unless my HS reunion falls through. Heh. The people planning it are extremely disorganized, so who knows. I will probably be done in time for a little late-night dancing!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Alicat
20's Charleston

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:16 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff - are you serious? No LbtB all next month?!? That really bums me out cuz LbtB is a blast, it's my fav venue, and I know tons of other people love it too . . . and it's already so limited by being only in summer so to miss out on a whole month of this limited time seems a shame Crying or Very sad I say more LbtB, not less!
shepkatt
~* The Real Savoy *~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:24 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is my first summer of LBtB and I am just wondering why we don't have them anytime other then summer? Is it your schedule, Jeff? Does it busy up after the summer months?

I say we cause an uprising! MORE LBTB!

Roheven
Swing Charleston

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:34 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeff,

Why does it have to be Saturday? Why can't it be on a Sunday?

All I have to say to Jeff is "Come On.....Come on......"(-Family Guy)

Last edited by Roheven on Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:43 pm GMT; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alicat
20's Charleston

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:40 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's mostly weather related yeah? Cuz after summer it gets colder (though granted we're in SD so not that cold!) and rainy and lots of people stop coming out when the weather changes.

But as far as summer goes, in past summers LbtB was every single weekend!

MORE LBTB! MORE LBTB! K, so chanting doesnt work so well on a forum, but y'all get the idea =)
shepkatt
~* The Real Savoy *~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:42 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

But September and October are usually still beautiful.. October is usually Santa Ana weather.. Hmmm.. maybe we should request an extension of LBtB due to cancelling the entire month of August!
Alicat
20's Charleston

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

here here! I second that request!
jumpinfeet
Mini-dip

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:45 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in favor say Aye.

-- Jayne Cobb
Melbamoose
Spawn of Satan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:36 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was extremely kind of Jeff to cancel his August 6th LBTB on behalf of the Jacob Faust dance.
Thank you for doing that, Jeff.

There will be great dancing that night, I hope regular LBTB-ers will show up.

Krista
bad kitty
Geek Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:01 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inline skaters have that area of the boardwalk on Sundays. Would be nice if they were there during the afternoon and then let us have the space for the evening.

Sunday August 7 would be an AWESOME night for LBtB.
Jeff
Jitterbug

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:51 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may just have to do a few Wednesdays in August. Why not. It used to be the swing night at the Catamaran for years and was well attended and very popular. Hmmm.....
Jade!
Rhythm Circle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:57 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me!

Or, rather, "Aye!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwingOrama Forum Index -> San Diego Recurring Events All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 1 of 63

Jump to: