SwingOrama Forum Index SwingOrama
San Diego's Swing Dance Headquarters

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Fred Heath Trio to play the Kava Lounge...for sure!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meeshi
Swing Charleston

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:22 am GMT    Post subject: Fred Heath Trio to play the Kava Lounge...for sure!
Sun Aug 21 2005 CDT

Hey Fellow Soul Swingers--Thank you for your growing support of unique *Soul Swingers* experience. We had an awesome Welcome Home dance for Gene two weeks ago, and it was great to see so many Kava newbies checking out the joint. This Sun. Aug. 21st, Fred Heath and his Slidewinder Trio will stop by and play some Chicago-style blues for us. He told me he got lost trying to find the Kava last time, but now that he knows how to get there, he claims he'll be there for sure. Let's just keep our fingers crossed.

DJ Gage is off in Japan trying to find a mail-order bride, so it will be up to me and Brian to serve up some saucy swing tunes and some finger-lickin' grooves. I'm gonna dust off some of my old school funk collection for the evening...early Kool and the Gang, Cameo, Brothers Johnson, oooh, watch out! We also hope to have the Organic Chocolate Fondue Bar up and running again. Remember, $6 buys you a huge plate full of chocolate-drenched fruit. Yummmy!

Come support San Diego's most delectable partner dance experience where literally "any swing goes"! And all this fun only costs ya $5 bucks.

Soul Swingin' Sundays at the Kava Lounge
Swing Classes held every Sunday night.
Dance Parties held on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month.

This Sun. Aug. 21st:
6:30p-7:30p - Int./Adv. Swing Choreography Class
7:30p-8:30p - Beg. Street Swing Class ($10/drop-in)
8:30p-12:30a - *Soul Swingers* Dance with DJs Brian and Meeshi. Chicago-style blues with Fred Heath. $5 dance (FREE for Sunday swing students). Organic Chocolate Fondue Bar Upstairs, and all the Sake you can drink.

Questions: Call Meeshi at 858-395-6060 or sirdancealot@cox.net

Directions: The Kava Lounge is located at 2812 Kettner Blvd. between Olive and Palm. From I-5, exit Sassafras, heading south on Kettner. Pass Sassafras, pass Alamo Car Rental on right (blue sign), next block is Palm. Head past electrical plant, Kava is the next building on the right.

For more info/directions to the Kava Lounge, visit:

http://www.cafesavoy.com/kavalounge.html

Last edited by Meeshi on Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:35 am GMT; edited 1 time in total
shepkatt
~* The Real Savoy *~

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:09 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Directions: The Kava Lounge is located at 2812 Kettner Blvd. between Olive and Palm. From I-5, exit Sassafras, heading south on Kettner. Pass Sassafras, pass Alamo Car Rental on right (blue sign), next block is Palm. Head past electrical plant, Kava is the next building on the right.

More info re: where KAVA is - the on-ramp to I-5 South is right across the street from Olive.. So if you haven't gotten there - then you haven't gone far enough.. and if you pass it - then you have passed Kava

Meeshi
Swing Charleston

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:25 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's our tentative schedule for this Sunday's *Soul Swingers* at the Kava Lounge:

8:30p--Juke Joint Swing with DJ Brian
9:30p--LIVE Chicago-Style Blues with Fred Heath
10:30p--Big Band Beats with guest DJ Vikas of Six Degrees Records
11:30p--Classic Funk with DJs Meeshi and Brian

Four completely different styles of music in four hours, and all for $5 bucks.

See ya Sunday after S&V's workshop!

Meeshi
Swing Charleston

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:14 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting News: It looks like the whole Fred Heath Trio will be playing at Kava tonight. Originally, I thought it was going to be just Fred, but now the whole band's gonna be there. Dance starts at 8:30p and the band goes on around 9:30p.

See ya then!

Jeff
Jitterbug

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:57 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, Meesh. I'm SOOOOOO excited about tonight. Can't wait!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwingOrama Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: