SwingOrama Forum Index SwingOrama
San Diego's Swing Dance Headquarters

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Nathan James plays at the Kava Gallery this Sun. Oct. 16th!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meeshi
Swing Charleston

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:41 am GMT    Post subject: Nathan James plays at the Kava Gallery this Sun. Oct. 16th!
Sun Oct 16 2005 CDT

Click HERE to sample some of his music!

Nathan James is down for a rare San Diego County performance at the newly remodeled Kava Gallery (next door to the Kava Lounge). He will be playing three long sets of good old-fashioned acoustic blues at 8:30p, 9:30p, and 10:30p. Sun. Oct. 16th. 8p-12a. $10. 18-and-up. JUST ADDED: There will also be a FREE Intro-to-Blues-Dancing class with Firemark and Bryant at 8p before the LIVE MUSIC, so please arrive early!

Nathan James (guitar, vocals, foot percussion, harmonica) has become a well recognized blues guitarist in Southern California, as the guitarist for the internationally known James Harman Band. During his last five or so years with the band, James has honed his chops with seasoned veteran Harman, touring and recording. Also still in his twenties, James has released a solo record 'This Road is Mine', with guest performances by James Harman, and Ben Hernandez; on the Pacific Blues Recording Company label. James's primary influences include such legends as: Brownie Mcgee, Big Bill Broonzy, Tampa Red, and Blind Boy Fuller.

For more info, see http://www.cafesavoy.com/kavalounge.html

Last edited by Meeshi on Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:31 pm GMT; edited 5 times in total
Meeshi
Swing Charleston

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:51 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just added: Firemark and Bryant will be teaching a FREE Intro-to-Blues-Dancing class at the Kava Gallery from 8-8:30p, so learn some cool blues moves before the Nathan strums his guitar at 8:30p.

Hope to see you all there!

KAVA KAVA KAVA!

Meeshi
Swing Charleston

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:48 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I haven't quite reached my quota yet, I'm going to extend the following 50% off discount to the Nathan James concert/dance to the general public. If you don't receive the CafeSavoy Weekly Newsletter and would like to receive information on and discounts to future CafeSavoy swing events, please sign up and join our mailing list at:

http://www.cafesavoy.com/home.html

Thank you!

From Meeshi's Weekly Swing Update:

**CAFESAVOY SPECIAL** -- Be one of the first 30 people to email me at soulswingers@cox.net and get 50% off admission to this Sunday's dance. That's right, you'll get a full evening of music with blues guitarist Nathan James, plus a FREE Intro-to-Blues-Dance lesson for only $5. Just write "Hey Meeshi, I love LIVE MUSIC at SoulSwingers!" and get your discount NOW! Good luck.

20 people have already taken advantage of this offer, I'll take 10 more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwingOrama Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: